The original goal of project was to promote an awareness and responsible life style for our school children as well as general public. It was realized that information and knowledge through lectures cannot ensure desirable change in behavior. Project “Energy Awareness on Conservation” was need in such a manner that students learnt the concepts of saving Energy at their own pace. There are many things that students can do at school and home to help their community become more energy efficient.
The need to propagate the importance of raising awareness about the need to use energy responsibly, especially among school children and teachers to implement this project. The principal aim here was to provide guidance to teachers and students in order to maximize excellence in the energy education process, and enhance learning of students as well as sensitize them on key energy issues that will impact their lives. The issues covered energy conservation, as well as efficient use of appliances and electricity. Conservation is one of the ways we can reduce energy use, thus reducing the amount of pollutants put into our atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels and reducing the negative effects felt from the burning of these fuels. Conservation methods include modifications to our daily behaviors to reduce energy consumption (e.g., turning off light bulbs).
- Children will understand the uses of saving energy are one of the best ways to conserve natural resources.
- Student will recognize renewable and nonrenewable resources in a given environment.
- To raise awareness about the importance of monitoring energy consumption by tracking the school's use of electricity.
- Conservation is one of the ways we can reduce energy use, thus reducing the amount of pollutants put into our atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels and reducing the negative effects felt from the burning of these fuels.
- Conservation methods include modifications to our daily behaviors to reduce energy consumption (e.g., turning off light bulbs).
- Efficiency can be achieved by choosing energy conscious products. These products still provide work, light or heat, but do so with less energy consumption than less efficient products.
The planning and origin of the project
In my classrooms along with lecturing, listening, note-taking process I engaged my children in the classroom activity through discussion, peer learning, sharing, etc. My students are responsible for one another's learning as well as their own. Thus, the success of one student helps other students to be successful. I never transmit information to my children. I always serve as a facilitator for learning. This involves creating and managing meaningful learning experiences and stimulating students' thinking through real world problems. I shared my students’ creative work through online communities. I shared my classroom experience in the 15 Govt. Inter Colleges at Hardwar District in Uttrakhand, which is helpful for approx. 3500 Students.
The students were shown a small presentation made by me on the topic “Energy Awareness on Conservation” and video from Internet. We had discussion about the topic, and its importance. We began to share our concerns and ways in which we could help with the poor weak students. We discussed ways to improve Energy conversation in school and home. They were then briefed about project requirements. The students were divided into groups and leaders.
Teaching Strategies1. The class was divided into 6 groups of 10 students each of mixed gender, ability and skills.
2. Cooperative and Individual group work and research.
3. Use of ICT to communicate knowledge and understanding.
4. Sharing work by using Internet.
5. To involve the students community in spreading awareness in the society.
6. Stimulates their creative thinking.
7. Making digital poster, presentation, conduction survey, working model, conduct exhibition seminar etc.
Research, Survey Data analysis and creating action plan
The students conduct survey in school and at home to reduce Energy consumptions. By implementing energy-conservation measures and using energy-efficient technologies, schools can significantly cut their energy use. The students make Questionnaires and surveys are great ways of gathering information about people’s habits, knowledge, opinions and preferences. Collate the results of the questionnaire and create graphs and pictures to show the results. Display the results on your notice board so the whole school body can see. Survey work given to students GROUP wise.
1. Students survey the school leakage point where the electricity consumes more.
2. Students survey 5 STAR rating electric appliances.
3. Students survey the use of renewable source of energy e.g. solar energy in the town capture the photo of solar energy by suing mobile tech.
4. Students conduct online survey of use of renewable source of energy in Indian and World. They collected the latest online data form various web resources.
5. Students survey how we can save energy by changing some habit.
6. Students create their own home electric calculator to measure electric use in home.
7. Students survey solar energy used in BHEL GUST HOUSE.
8. Students place stickers or signs near light switches and electronic to remind students and teachers to switch them off when not needed.
9. Students develop a database with the help of spreadsheet software to record information, draw graphs and analyze the data.
10. They uploaded the creative and innovative activities done by our students.